Pages

Monday 18 July 2016

Day 7 - Activity 1: The Paralympic Games

Monday 18 July

Day 7 - Activity 1



Activity 1: At the first ever Paralympic Games in Rome, the athletes competed in eight sports. Cycling was one of them. For the cycling event, two people compete together as a team – one of the people has a disability and the other does not. Here is a picture of a para-cycling team from New Zealand:
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Paraclycing team (NZ).jpg


At the moment the most famous para-cycling team in New Zealand is comprised of two female athletes – Emma Foy and Laura Thompson. Emma is blind but Laura is not. Together they work as an amazing team. Imagine that you were asked to compete in a tandem cycling event and you had to choose one person to compete with. Who would it be? On your blog, tell us who you would compete with and why. If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui because he’s pretty fast and very funny. He would make me laugh as we biked along and would be very supportive and encouraging! I know that I could trust him to be a good teammate. Who would you choose?

I would pick my best friend Caroline because I trust her. I would chose her because she is very supportive and I think together we can at least get a place. She is also very funny and I would love to compete together with her.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Saveu! It sounds like Caroline would be the perfect person to compete with in your tandem cycling event. You would want someone who could make you laugh and also someone you could trust. It's actually quite tricky to share a bicycle. You have to be perfectly balanced all the time and this takes a lot of communication. I am sure that you and Caroline could handle it and work together to ensure that you didn't make a mistake and fall down!

    I am really enjoying your posts, Saveu. I hope that you will consider joining our journey again next summer. We will have a longer programme for the December/January holiday and you will definitely be invited to participate. I hope that you'll take up the challenge. It's been awesome reading your blogs and posting comments on your work :)

    See you in a few weeks when I come into St Pius to drop off certificates and prizes for the top bloggers.

    Cheers! Rachel

    ReplyDelete