Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Activity 1 - Day 1: Once Upon A Time In Olympia

Monday 11th July
Activity 1 -  Day 1

Activity 1, Day 1: Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.


Answer: If I were to compete in the Olympics in 2792, I would compete in Pentathlon because I would always like to try something new. Also because I like to throw things like in Javelin or Discus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Saveu,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey! I am so glad that you have joined us this holiday and posted four blogs already. Wow - you're a star!

    I really enjoyed reading this post and I think that you have made a great choice. Pentathlon is a very challenging sport but it looks like a lot of fun! Like you, I also enjoy trying new things and I would love to throw the javelin or discus. Have you ever seen anyone on TV competing in a discus or javelin-throwing competition? I have only ever watched shot put on TV because I really like Valerie Adams. What about you?

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete