Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Week One Day One Activity Two: Setting Sail

Activity Two: Setting Sail
The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave! They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…
Work↓↓


Dear Caroline,
I am currently in a waka on my way to New Zealand. I am very excited yet nervous. I wish you could have tagged along. Stay safe!

Regards
Save’u

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mei
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Your letter is fantastic and I can't wait for more.
    How would you feel if it was in reality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Saveu, you've made a great start to your letter. I would like you to add a bit more detail and information. Perhaps you could talk about the journey itself. You could talk about the weather, the waves, the boat, the people, the food, the sea creatures etc.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings there Saveu,

    What an outstanding letter that you have written down for Caroline.I think I do agree with Billy which is add a bit more detail and information into your letter but you have did great with what you have did.
    I really enjoy reading the end sentence in your letter to Caroline which was " I wish you could have tagged along.
    Stay safe! ".
    Nice Job Savue.

    Cheers,
    Aletheia!

    ReplyDelete