Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Week One Day Three Activity One: The More the Merrier!

Day Three: It’s All in the Family
Activity One: The More the Merrier?
victorian family.jpg
In the 1800s, most families were pretty big. In fact, many parents had an average of seven to nine children.  Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings.

On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?
Work↓↓



I would love to be a member of a large family just not the youngest or the oldest, because if I were the oldest I would get blamed for the most and others will rely on me, which I can’t handle to be honest. Also if I were the youngest of nine I would be doing everyone's “mini” chores. The reason why I would love to be a member of nine siblings because I would never be lonely nor board, the house would be loud and active.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saveu,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey.

    Those are some really good reasons! I think you're right that everyone would rely on the oldest child in a big family. They would have to do a lot of big jobs for their family. Do you do any chores at home? I had to do lots of chores when I was younger and even more now I'm older!

    I really like what you've said about how you wouldn't be lonely or bored. You definitely wouldn't be! I think it would be fun, but sometimes I would need my own space.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saveu
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Those are really good reasons! I think you are right they will always put their foot down for the oldest sister. What would you love to have in common with your siblings?

    ReplyDelete